Charlotte Samurai Shodown
Fan Fiction
http://samuraispirits.net
--The website dedicated to all Samurai Spirits fans--~ver5.0~
GAME | FAN | DOWNLOAD | SITE | LINK | CHAT | MESSAGE BOARD

Samurai Spirits; The Legend Continues
by Helen


Chapter 9-----To Fight or to Run?

Names of characters in this chapter:
Shizumaru, Rimururu, Kazuki, Galford, Genjuro, Hoahmaru

New character:
Shogun, Charlotte



Shizu and his party were capture by the French leader and taken to the Fort.
they were all jailed except Shizu. the leader's knight took him somewhere else...
"where are you taking me?" said Shizu, his hands tied behind his back, couldn't go do anything but walk
"...the leader wants to see you.." said the knight
"?? that voice..." Shizu recognize that voice somewhere....but where?

[KNOCK KNOCK]
"come in." said the Leader
the knight opens the door, "you want to see this boy, sir?"
"yes. please leave us be."
the knight hesitate for a minute, then he left.

Shizu and the leader is alone...

the leader is looking outside from the window, "..it's been a while, isn't it, SHIZUMARU? 7 long years...."
"???" shizu blinks, "how do you know my name.."
"you don't remember me?" the leader turn around. Shizu stare at him closely,
then he gasps, "SHOGUN???!!!"
"aaahh..you remembered." said the leader, "yes, i am Shogun. now, it's SIR Shogun to you."
"SHOGUN?? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??!!"
"i belong here."
"what???"
"remember the night when Akane and Jubei left?"
"....not really.."
"ever since YOU made them go away, i was miserable......" said Shogun, "i was so miserable without Akane....i want to be with her FOREVER.... i thought we will be...grow up together and I WILL MARRY HER..."
then he grins a little, "THAT WAS MY DREAM....besides being a top general of an army. that was my true dream. to be able to be w/ Akane FOREVER and protect her. everything was going fine.....until YOU SHOWED UP. until YOU AND AKANE BECAME FRIENDS. UNTIL YOU MADE HER GO AWAY!!!!"
"what??" Shizu doesn't really remember his past..
"IF IT WASN'T YOU, DEMON, AKANE WOULD STILL BE HERE TODAY WITH ME!!! WE WOULD BE MARRIED BY NOW AND LIVING HAPPILY EVER AFTER.....BUT NO. no. she's gone...my dream is gone....but not really." said Shogun, "ever since she left, i joined the French army to become a warrior. so i can come back to Japan one day and find her, able to protect her. and to GET REVENGE ON YOU FOR YOU HAVE DONE TO ME AND AKANE..!!"
"Shogun.....THIS IS CRAZY??!! you captured me and the others cuz of THIS???"
shouts Shizu, "CUZ OF AKANE??? she's a just a girl..!!! find another girl..!!!"
"it's called LOVE, Shizu." said Shogun, "now tell me, Shizu...have you ever been in love?"
"...." Shizu never felt it. not family love, not friendship...not even true love, "i don't believe in love. it's a useless emotion."
"it's true...demons can't fall in love. that's why you never felt it, right?"
"...are you done?" said Shizu, pissed off
Shogun grins, "you'll pay for everything you done to me...that you ever made Akane go away. take her away from me. you and your friends will pay for it.."
"..they're not my friends."
"HA HA HA..!!! i can't til morning to see you ALL EXECUTED!!!! BEHEADED!!!! HAHAH...!!!!" laughs Shogun, "MEN, TAKE THIS DEMON AWAY!!!"
"WAIT..!!! AT LEAST LET RIMURURU GO..!!! SHE HAVE NOTHING TO DO W/ THIS..!!!
LET THEM GO..!!!" shouts Shizu, as the soldiers pull him away
"ta ta. see you and your little friends in the MORNING. hahahha.." laughs Shogun
"WAIT..!!!!! NOO..!!!!" shouts Shizu....
[DOOR CLOSES]

Hoahmaru look at his leg. there's a SCAR, "now i know why that attack is called Demon Scar...whoa..lucky it's not on my face.."
"hmm...where's Shizumaru? he's been gone for a long time.." said Rimururu. she's sitting down, looking at the dirty floor, "do you think he's hurt?? HUH?? HUH?? DO YOU THINK HE IS?? WHAT IF HE IS??? OH MY GOD..!!! I GOTTA SAVE HIM...!!! I GOT TO..!!!"
"HEY HEY..!! don't panic, Rim..!!" said Kazuki, "he's probab ok."
"...i hope so.."
"hmm..? hey Rimururu.." said Galford, "why are you so worried about RED-HEAD
for??!! ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH HIM OR SOMETHING???"
"[BLUSHING]...!!!! WHA...??!!! OF COURSE...NOT..!!!!" freaks Rimururu,
"[BLUSHING LIKE CRAZY] I HAVE TO PROTECT NATURE..!! I CAN'T FALL IN LOVE W/ SOMEONE LIKE HIM..!!"
"...yea...right.." sighs Kazuki
"BAH!! HE'S PROBAB OK..!!! I KNOW HIM SINCE HE WAS A BABY!!!" smiles Hoahmaru, "AT A TIME LIKE THIS, WE MUST CALM DOWN..!! SAKE ALWAYS MAKES IT WORTH IT.!!!"

....

"!!!! @#$%..!!! WHERE'S MY SAKE???!!!! THEY TOOK IT TOO??!!!" freaks Hoahmaru, "@#$$%!%#$%#^%$&%$&@^$%%$%..!!!!"
".." Genjuro didn't say anything. he just stand there, looking at the wall, thinking..
"GET IN THERE..!!!" shouts a soldier. he pushed Shizu into the cell with the others..
[SLAM]
"SHIZUMARU..!!!" smiles Rimururu
"HEY RED-HEAD..!! YOU'RE BACK..!!" smiles Galford
Shizu ignores them all.... he just sits down, sad..
"what's wrong Shizu?" said Rimururu, sitting beside him
"..." Shizu lowers his head, "....we'll all be executed by morning."
[silent]
"...executed..?" whispers Kazuki
"but we didn't do anything..that's unfair..." said Galford
"is there any way we can escape?" said Rimururu
"i looked around... the security is very tight." said Shizu, "and without weapons...there's no way we can get out alive.."
[silent]
"so that's how it is..." whispers Hoahmaru, "the greatest samurai dies HERE.....the worst part is...WITHOUT SAKE..."
"....." Genjuro is very quiet... he's not afraid to die.
Shizu didn't say a word. he just sits there, thinking. he thought Shogun was his friend... does Akane mean that much to him? well, he can have her. Shizu doesn't care. he doesn't even remember much about Akane...he just remembered her cute little brown-black eyes, and her giggly laugh. and........ and......
.....
.......a sparkling object she's wearing....

....THE PENDANT...

the pendant...the same one..... that woman has when Shizu was just a baby. does Akane know that strange woman? do they have a connection...? MAYBE that's a clue towards his past.....toward his answer...
"SHIZUMARU." said Rimururu
"..." Shizu isn't listening. he's still thinking.... he have to find Akane. he doesn't care about her and Shogun...get married or have 1000 kids if they want. he just want to know the answer he's been searching for YEARS...all his life. he just want to know..... is he a demon....?
"SHIZUMARU..!" said Rimururu, "you ok?"
"..!!" Shizu pays attention to her, "yea..i'm..fine.."
"what were u thinking?"
".....things. but it's really no big deal.."
"...i've been thinking too." said Rimururu
"???"
"we've been together for 7 years, right? actually, i followed you..but anyways, we were together most of the time during those years." said Rimururu, "since we're going to die tomorrow...i have something to tell you..."
"...what is it, Rimururu?"
"...." Rimururu lowers her head, "..the reason i followed you it's not cuz i was worried bout you...it's more than that..." then she sighs, "IT'S BECAUSE...."

........

[DOOR OPENS]
"huh???" they all turn around. it's the leader's Knight. he opened the gate,
"C'MON...HURRY!!! GET OUTTA HERE..!!!"
"???" they don't get it.
"that voice.." said Hoahmaru.
the Knight unmasked himself...... it's CHARLOTTE..!!
"CHARLOTTE..!!!" they gasps in surprise.
Shizu knows her. they fought before when he was searching for Zankuro. she's pretty good at fighting, and very pretty. but there's something strange. every time he watch her fight Hoahmaru, Charlotte didn't fight as hard as she did to him or any opponent? as if she wants to lose purposely for Hoahmaru..???
"CHARLOTTE..!!! WHAT'RE U DOING HERE?? U'RE THE KNIGHT.!!" freaks Hoahmaru "you were a spy." said Genjuro
"yes, i was.." said Charlotte, "back in France, i heard Shogun wants to take over Japan. and i won't let him do that... and i heard he's got some special plan for something. he must have another reason to come to Japan.."
then she gave them back their weapons, "C'MON..!! HURRY!!! YOU MUST GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE THEY FOUND OUT..!!!"
"NO WAY..!! I WANNA STAY AND FIGHT!!!" said Hoahmaru
"no..you don't know Shogun. he's the best warrior i ever seen...he defeated many opponents like you. it's too risky.." said Charlotte, "come..!! follow me..!!"

she showed them the exit, "GO..!!! HURRY!!!"
"WHAT BOUT YOU CHARLOTTE??" said Rimururu
"i must stay and stop them. it'll buy you some time to escape.." said Charlotte
"THERE THEY ARE..!!! GET THEM!!!! SOUND THE ALARM..!!!" shouts a soldier
[ALARM]
"OH SHIT..!!!" freaks Kazuki
"GO..!!! HURRY..!!! GET OUT OF HERE..!! YOU WILL BE ESCAPE EASILY THROUGH THE BAMBOO FOREST...NOW GO!!!" shouts Charlotte
"but...but..!! I CAN'T LEAVE YOU HERE..!!!" freaks Hoahmaru
"JUST GO, PLZ...!!! you're no match against Shogun..!!"
"BUT..!! CHARLOTTE..!!!"
"..i'll be fine." smiles Charlotte, her smile very trusting, "....go Hoahmaru. don't worry about me...as long as you're safe......it's worth dying for it.."
"...." Hoahmaru stand there for a minute....thinking..
"GO!!! HURRY!!! RUN!!!" shouts Charlotte
"C'MON HOAHMARU!!!" shouts Galford, pulling him away...
Hoahmaru doesn't want to go....but didn't have a choice, "...I'LL COME BACK FOR YOU CHARLOTTE..!!"
then he joins the others and run into the bamboo forest...
"..i know you will, Hoahmaru.." smiles Charlotte, then she turn around to the soldiers, "I WON'T LET YOU HURT THEM..!! IF YOU WANT THEM, YOU'LL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME FIRST..!!"
"that's my pleasure." said a voice
"..!!!"
it's Shogun, "a spy. figures. who could fight as good as you, my dear rose?"
"I'LL NEVER LET YOU HURT THEM..even if it takes my life..."
"...." Shogun take out his sword, "then SO BE IT."

[GRASS SOUND] it's still midnight. Shizu and the others run for their lifes in the bamboo forest, not knowing where they're going. don't care. one thing they know is that they want to live for another day...for now. they stopped to take a break...
"[breath] do you think...we lost...them?" sighs Galford, trying to catch his breath
"...looks like it that way.." said Kazuki, looking around, "this reminds me of being chased by Sogetsu.....and THAT SUX..!!"
"..." Genjuro isn't tired at all. something is wrong with his eye sight, and he knows that. if he goes back to kill those bastards or go off alone, he'll get lost and easily killed. that's not HOW he want his life to end..!! not that simple. for now, he'll just use Shizu and the others for protection...
"..Charlotte risked her life for ours. i hope she's ok.." whispers Rimururu
"...Charlotte.." whispers Hoahmaru, depressed and worried
Shizu doesn't really care. she's a stupid to risk her life for him..!! she doesn't have to do it. he didn't ask her to. he doesn't care if he lives or die. who would risk their own life for others? what a joke.
"YOU THINK YOU CAN ESCAPE?" said a voice.
it's Shogun. he comes out from the shadows, "you can run..but you can't hide..!!"
"..SHOGUN..!!!" freaks Hoahmaru, "then...then Charlotee is...."
"i won't kill her.....YET. she fights well...." said Shogun, "PREPARE YOURSELF..!!!" he take out his sword, "DEMON SCAR"
[SLASH]
[SLASH]
Rimururu, Kazuki, Hoahmaru, Genjuro, and Galford is wounded...
all except Shizu.
he missed the attack.
"...Hisame Shizumaru. kinda surprised YOU missed my special attack.." grins Shogun
"i guess it's my lucky day.." Shizu pull out his Katana, ready to fight..
"yes..." grins Shogun, "...AND ALSO YOUR LAST!!!"
then he attacks..!!
[CLASH] their weapons clashes against each other. Shogun stare at Shizu in the face, grinning, "YOU CAN'T WIN..!! YOU CAN NEVER BEAT ME..!!"
"..." Shizu didn't say anything. he's just really pissed off right now..
they continue to fight.... Shizu hits Shogun, Shogun hits Shizu. almost an endless fight....but not really. Shogun seem to be winning.
"DAMN IT!!!!" Shizu swings his katana at Shogun, but missed...
Shogun is too fast for him...
but Shizu doesn't care. he keeps on attacking. Rimururu is worried...she watches them fight (since she and the others are injured and can't help him). she watch Shizu fight especially. the way he fights is very different from the other Samurai...he swing the sword TOO HARD. he will get hurt if Shizu doesn't calm down and concentrate on defense...
"...WHAT'S WRONG, DEMON??? CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE??!! HA HA HA.!!" laughs Shogun, "TONIGHT, NO ONE LEAVE HERE ALIVE..!!! NOT YOUR FRIENDS, NOT CHARLOTTE, NOT YOU!!!!"
[SLASH]
"AAAHH..!!" Shizu got hit..!!
"SHIZUMARU!!!!" cries Rimururu, "PLEASE...STOP!!! I BEG YOU!!!"
"IS THAT YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND, DEMON?? KINDA SURPRISED A GIRL WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH A MONSTER!!!" grins Shogun, "THE FIRST THING I'LL DO AFTER THIS IS SLIT THAT BRAT'S THROAT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE!!! HA HA HA HA HA..!!!"
"...NOOOO........NOOO...!! NOO!!" shouts Shizu, very furious. he doesn't want Rimururu to get killed...he doesn't want her hurt. he have to protect her. he have to WIN...
he continue to attack Shogun, not even care about his defense. he just wants to defeat Shogun so he won't be able to hurt Rimururu...
[CLASH] [CLASH]
but Shogun is too fast for him. he blocked all the attacks..
"GODDAMN IT!!!!" shouts Shizu, and swing his sword again...

[CLASH]

both of their swords clashes against each other....

"....grrr.." Shizu wrestles with Shogun.
"you're still weak, demon. especially stupid." grins Shogun, "now, i wonder how it would be like if there's a SCAR in your face?"
".....!!" Shizu is worried now. he fell into Shogun's trap!!
[SHING] [CLASH]

"[GASPS]" Shogun made Shizu lose his sword...!!
it flies away from Shizu.....

[CHING] and lands not far away from him...
now he's defenseless....
Shizu turn his head to Shogun...
and gasps.....
Shogun lift his sword high UP........

"SHIZUMARUUUUUUUUUUU..!!!!!!!!!" screams Rimururu

"DEMON SCAR"

[SLASH]
blood splatter into the ground...!!
Shizu got hit in the face..!!! he quickly backs off, his hands on his face...
he look at his hands...there's BLOOD...
lots of blood..
HIS BLOOD..
he begin to feel pain from his face...from the slash. it hurts more THAN ANYTHING. but he didn't cry out. he didn't scream.
[SILENCE]
he stood there....staring at his own blood...his eyes closed....
"..." Rimururu and the others stare at him...even Shogun.
"..!!" Shizu opens his eyes. there's a strange GLOW IN HIS EYES. his eyes full of anger and hatred....
then he went and get his katana back....
pull the katana from the earth...
and attacks Shogun..!!!
[CLASH] [CLASH]
Shogun defend himself...but not for long. he couldn't defend all the attacks...
Shizu saw his chance...

"KONGETSUZAAAANN..!!!!!!!!!!!"

[SLASH]
blood splatter onto Shizu's face. he didn't even blink at all..

"AAAAAAAAHHH..!!!!" Shogun backs off, and falls on his knees, his hands on his face....
he saw blood from his face...
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....MY FACE...NOOO!!!!!" shouts Shogun

"...[breathing]" Shizu stand there, still holding his katana. blood dripping from his face... and Shogun's blood from the sword...
his glow in his eyes are very scary......
as if he hungers for MORE BLOOD...
Rimururu stare at him... this is not like the Shizu she remembers. Shizu never wanted to hurt others or hungers for blood like Genjuro or Zankuro... he only fight cuz he have to. the glow in his eyes...it scares her..... it's as if another "soul" have taken Shizu's body...
[SILENCE]
"...[breathing]" Shizu didn't say anything...he lose too much blood..
then he falls on his knees...
[BOOM]
and collapse to the ground....


Chapter 10-----Forgotten Memories


DISCLAIMER
"Samurai Shodown Forever" is a non-profit fan site. Samurai Shodown, Samurai Showdown, Samurai Spirits are Copyrights of SNK. Most of the images here are taken from SNK homepage. No part of this webpage may be reproduced in any form or by any means, without permission from C.K. Gan. This page is best view with I.E. 5 or Netscape 4 at 800*600