Nakoruru Samurai Shodown
Fan Fiction
http://samuraispirits.net
--The website dedicated to all Samurai Spirits fans--~ver5.0~
GAME | FAN | DOWNLOAD | SITE | LINK | CHAT | MESSAGE BOARD

The Encounter with an Angel
by The Neurochild


Chapter 3: "Am I in heaven?" (Narrated by Shinzo)



9/11, at my 13th birthday:
I didn't remember how many days I slept. I was kept too deep in darkness, and when I'd woken up, I felt it like I wake up the next day. But really I didn't remember the day, but my memory kept intact, including my last memory: the gang who attacked me at will, I felt I almost died there. I had a lot of questions that would be answered later.
When I first opened my eyes, I found myself on a gray room; when my vision cleared, I guessed it was a hospital room, as medics inserted on my left arm an intravenous syringe, I have been many days asleep, recovering. The first thing I did was to move my big toes, to see if I was disabled. Fortunately they moved on...

Shinzo, thinking: At least, I can move my feet, so the hard part is over.

Then I look around the room; at my right side, there was my bag (as I lost my skateboard in the fight), and a table with purse and my watch on it, which I grabbed and see the hour; it was 5:00 PM, but also I saw the date, Saturday 9/11. It was my birthday.

Shinzo: Shit! It's the worst date to wake up here.

I left the watch on the table, and look to the right side, there was a window with the sun shining won the horizon; a bottle with sodium chloride attached to the intravenous syringe on my left arm. Then I watch on my left hand a tied ribbon, a red one, the same one I saw on my last vision. I could guess too it's from the one who saved me, surely that girl. Still I wasn't sure at all, I touched my head, felling it covered by bandages, tied up like a turban. Although I realized it was really a hard hit, I reacted normal. I was a bit angry because it was my birthday!

Shinzo: I think my head's gonna be fine. Thank God I'm alive! But I don't know who saved me; maybe I will know the owner of this ribbon. I don't want misunderstandings, but I'm not a thief.

Suddenly, my thoughts stopped by the slide of the door, so I turned to see probably a nurse. What comes next was the most beautiful vision I have ever seen in my life. It was a girl with a very bright skin, dressed of beige and black set, to the typical way of the Ainu. Undoubtedly, she was an Ainu girl. She got black eyes and hair, and a very pretty face. Kawaii!! (So cute.) I must also say she has a ribbon on her hair, a yellow one. I don't know if she'd visited me all those days.

Nakoruru, talking in Ainu: Hello. -But I didn't believe I became so silly.
Shinzo: What? Am I in heaven? -And she laughed.
Nakoruru: No! But I'm glad to see you awake!
Shinzo: I might guess.

She had the sweetest voice I have heard in years. It felt like heaven. Sure she knew my name somehow...

Shinzo: I think you know my name.
Nakoruru: Yes. Shinzo...
Shinzo and Nakoruru: Shinzo Watanabe.
Shinzo: Bingo! And you are...
Nakoruru: Nakoruru... from Kamui-Kotan.
Shinzo: I think you are an Ainu.
Nakoruru: Yes. How do you know that?
Shinzo: I read about your people. The only thing in mind I would ask is... doesn't they have longer names? -The room exploded in laughs.
Nakoruru: I think so. Why? -She answered with a smile. Shinzo: I hope you don't take offense, but yours is way too short, though it's beautiful.
Nakoruru: Don't worry! I know you were asking for the first and last one, but that's my whole name. By the way, yours sounds pretty cool. -She referred to my first name.
Shinzo: Thanks. Hey, Nakoruru.
Nakoruru: Yes? I'm listening.
Shinzo: Can you tell me? What's cooler than being cool?
Nakoruru: I might guess...
Nakoruru and Shinzo: Ice cold! -We answered.
Shinzo: Girl, you don't seem you are from the Ainu. You learn quiet well.
Nakoruru: I learn fast. I'm amazed since I moved here a couple of weeks ago.
Shinzo: Why?
Nakoruru: It was what my grandmother asked me. She told me to know the other world.
Shinzo: The city. I know how hard it is for someone like you. I can understand; I would be in your shoes when visiting your parents in Hokkaido. It's kind of shocking. - I instantly understood her doubt.
Nakoruru: I appreciate that, Shinzo.
Shinzo: You don't have to say it.

Then she looked at me without saying a word. Still she was showing a smile that made her look prettier. She didn't cross a word for a moment, as she wanted to look at something specific. Then she answered to tell me.

Nakoruru: You have... an intense look.
Shinzo: I always look at the other's eyes.
Nakoruru: But I mean you have a piercing look, especially the day I rescued you. It's the same kind of a samurai.
Shinzo: Well, my kendo sensei told me I have that kind of look, so I have been "the blue-eyed samurai". But in that moment, I just wanted to see who was there assisting me... one thing I saw on you was a red ribbon, like the one I have in my hand. -I raised my hand... -I guess I must give it back. -...But she reacted.
Nakoruru: Please, Shinzo. Take it. Stay with it. I knew you woke up someday; it's just a reminder of how much I was worried about you. I thought you would die.
Shinzo: So do I. I would've reacted different if you weren't there. I have been alone since my arrival. If my father weren't dead, I would've not wanted to die when I was alone.
Nakoruru: Come on, Shinzo. Don't say that, you hurt me when you say such a thing! -Still I didn't want shame of everyone.
Shinzo: What I didn't like is the fact that I've woken up in the worst day.
Nakoruru: Today? Oh, I understand. -She sat in my bed.
Shinzo: No. It's not that thing. -She thought on 9/11 events, but I made all the things clear. -I mean... I know it's a sad day, but I am really angry and more if I woke up today, because it matched with a special day... My birthday.
Nakoruru: What? Hey, you should be happy!
Shinzo: I should be, but really I don't.
Nakoruru: Don't be unfair with yourself! -She was trying to raise my enthusiasm. I would get it later! -You should be blessed of getting the best gifts ever.
Shinzo: Tell me how many gifts you have.
Nakoruru: I can tell you three of them:
>1. I was thinking of you since I saved you,
>2. You had the opportunity to meet me, and...
>3. The most important of all gifts... -And then, she kiss me in the right cheek. -You are alive... to see them all. Shinzo, your life is a precious gift. -She finished talking low, but clear. Damn, she was right!
Shinzo: I'm very happy to meet you. I never met a person first time I moved to Tokyo, even if it's a girl like you. You are so beautiful.
Nakoruru: Thank you, Shinzo! What I see on you is your honesty over all things, transmitted in those beautiful blue eyes; those that shine bright like sapphires.
Shinzo: I think it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Nakoruru: I think so.
Shinzo: From this moment, you can call me Shin-kun.
Nakoruru: In the same way you can trust me, I will trust you. Next time, you just call me Nako-chan. -Then she looked at my watch. -Shin-kun, I have to go. I remembered some favor my grandmother asked me.
Shinzo: It was nice to meet you, Nako-chan. You can come back to visit me as you want, I'll be happy too see you.
Nakoruru: Get well! -She kissed me again, and got up to walk through that door. -
>Talking in Ainu: See you soon, Shin-kun!
Shinzo, talking in Spanish: ¡Nos vemos, Nako-chan! (See you, Nako-chan!)
Nakoruru: Hey! What language was that?
Shinzo: Spanish. Nako-chan, you got a lot to learn! ...And I will help you! -Then, I just remembered something else. -Hey! Nakoruru, I think this is your. -I was holding a mantle that was since I woke up.
Nakoruru: Shin-kun, It's yours too. Consider it your birthday gift!

Then she smiled for the last time before she shut the door.
There was some song that says: "Soon it will come my lucky day..." It seems it has arrived that day; she was my first friend in Tokyo. And still, she is my friend right now!

Outro:
(Narrated by Nakoruru)

10/11, the day I will never forget:
It was a month since I met Shinzo. After each school day, I accompany him home; in the first time I did, I realize he lived on the same place I was living, in front of my house. I got better, because he would teach me a lot of things! I learn much better with him and trusted me more than one secret, like the martial arts, movies, some new language; so did I, I told him the way the Ainu lives, legends from my people, my language and one little secret: my ability to talk with nature. He is still the best friend I ever had.
At my 13th birthday, I was going to the lockers room, before I arrived, I found Shinzo kind of worried.

Nakoruru: Hello there, Shin-kun.
Shinzo: Nako-chan!
Nakoruru: Hey, is there something wrong?
Shinzo: No! I just have something important to do. Gotta go! I see you in class! -Then he ran like hell.
Nakoruru: Wait! I have to talk to you!

I didn't know what he was hiding, but I didn't care. I went in. In my locker, I saw a paper with some handwriting; it had my name on it and one note. I took the paper and read.

"Nakoruru
I didn't have money to buy your gift..."

But I realized it was sealed, I opened it and my surprise was so big... I had a drawing of a girl in "manga" style... It was me! Kawaii (it's cute)! And the note on the cover continued after the drawing.

"But a month ago, you gave me the best gift: a friend.
Happy Birthday!

Shinzo"

I didn't care about the gift. I forgave him. He gave me something better... a friend. He will always be in my heart.

Nakoruru, crying and talking in Japanese: Arigatou, Shinzo-kun! (Thank you, Shinzo-kun!)

The end.



Omake

DISCLAIMER
"Samurai Shodown Forever" is a non-profit fan site. Samurai Shodown, Samurai Showdown, Samurai Spirits are Copyrights of SNK. Most of the images here are taken from SNK homepage. No part of this webpage may be reproduced in any form or by any means, without permission from C.K. Gan. This page is best view with I.E. 5 or Netscape 4 at 800*600